Saturday, May 31, 2008

Being the Diro(Director)


Now this is one of the most DIFFERENT kind of experience in my life (at least I feel so....). This is related to the convocation ceremony which has just concluded (My god I feel so happy for the graduating students .).....
So let me start with the description . It was the day before the Convocation (i.e. yesterday ) I was one of the volunteer for the organisation of the convocation ceremony and because of that I was to be present in the auditorium and so was I (at least no fraud in this from my side). Before I was there on of the Prof (Mr R.K.Thareja ) called me to the stage (very difficult for me as I have a "stage-phobia " kind of something in me ) and told me that I was to be the dummy DIRO for the practise session(other volleys who were eventually my friends were to be the chairman of board of governors (aayush ) , the chief guest (nishant )and the registrar(satvik)) and so we was to read the speech for the same .............
Totally dumbstruck as I'm still a virgin in this matter (speeches and debates and above that fo the DIRO ) but could nothing . The only option left was to be cool and enjoy this opportunity to be in the director's shoes . Now as we started with the proceedings we were to stand with the Head's Of Various Departments (who accidentally were not dummies like us ) and to be seated before them ....
The practise started with a short speech of aayush then a line or two from me (believe me I was nervous initially ) and then shaking hands with the fourth year rites ome by one and with everyone (another Herculean task ) for which some of them were not ready at all(how could they witha a first year ?????) . It only took me about one or two minutes to settle in and be normal with the proceedings . Thereafter I was kind of normal and was doing a good work (I came to know this when some of the seniors in their turn chipped in with comments like "good work, bachhe ", "cool ", etc ) although there was nothing to do in as the work ......
In the end leaving with the convoy through the convoy I could barely control the grin on my face and was hoping that some of the HOD 's would observe us and interact with us but nothing of that sort happened..[ ;-( ]
So this was the different (and fortunate )incidence for me in my life (at least I have something to fill in those slam book asking for your most fortunate incident or like ...)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

mote ! sahi lag raha hai ! the extra fat somehow is not appearing in the pic!
aur haan abhi tak kisi mamle mein slut hai , sab mein virgin hi hoga ..
:)..

Anonymous said...

OYE how r you? i'm happy to see u here,.....just discovered that sandeep also blogs....

good good... m ankur, from rkma
my spot is ankuranky.wordpress.com