Thursday, May 29, 2008

First Of The College Years

Now that this sem is over and I am totally free(with due stress on "totally") I would like to describe my first year in so prestigious institute(though i don't totally agree on this point ) called IIT Kanpur . I have been for long waiting for this opportunity and that I have finally got it , I would like to describe it in detail . Let' s begin with the orientation and the pre- freshers time : The time I was getting used to this environment (and was feeling a sense of pride!!) , the time when I felt timid before the Seniors(though ideally this should not be mentioned but...) , the time to break the old shackles of time and friend and to make some new of them and to start afresh and get ready for the next four years of my life . somehow the "dreaded "days were over but how would i know there s much more in store for me .. then came the time of real "interaction" (a word used in the campus always with a star marked on it ) with seniors and my baap wing and the series of GPL(on which i can t elaborate and believe me , you would also not like to buy). Before I could even realise what actually was happening to me I was standing on the edge of my first mid sems .. As a result i screwed up my mid sem totally and the result was that I ended up joining a camp for increasing concentration (another blunder to add to my list ). this took up nearly a week leaving me only three weeks before another mid sem(oh my god who the hell designed this system???!!!!). At leastIi had the motivation to study for the xam this time (which was ..............going home finally ..) .... a cool week relaxed me and what was following was ANTARAGNI our cultural fest ... some rejoice and masti again and that too finally followed by DEEPSHIKHA the annual diwali celebration which meant giving up study for another 10 days or so ...and finally leaving us(though i would emphasize more on ME) with just 7 to10 days for the end sem (can you believe 4 months syllabus to study for in just 10 days )somehow I managed to screw up my end sem again (that's an art I've got ) and finally packed my bags for my pilgrimage to my home ...................far from this place for a whole "month" .

Now the second sem (which seniours suggested would be a little cool (how could they say that )).........
but yes it was cooler than the first one ( one less subject to study ) I took up this time to get on with my interest (which i suppose is tech ..........though i m not sure when this might change )...attende some lectures and started makin a bot (or robot) to take part in TECHKRITI ..oh i forgot to mention the films fest UMANG in which movies were screened n public demand . I tell you this was the event of maximunm participation (even from the profs and family).....back to tech we qualified for the second round but due to some unfortunate(mind you it was really unfortunate) event could not for third ..(:-(.... full of entusiasm we tried to participate in the tech fest of IIT Delhi ...reached there with much diffilulty(missing classes and even labs ) but due to thanks to unfortunate event (part 2) were out of the event before we could even reach there .......(tough luck)......anyways .. back college it was time for a mid sem (again!!!!!) . It came and even whizzed off past us (was like magic ).............then came the HALL DAY another event then ALFAAZ the literary event then MEGABUCKS blah blah blah ......... did n t took part in either and studied for a month nearly and took my end sems ...but it was n t over i am still here in IIT Kanpur trying to do the course i took and work on the project .......


This was my first year in my college (a little busy ) but nevertheless keeping hope for the forthcoming year

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sahi hai mote , pretty much the same in delhi also ...